Friday, September 11, 2009

It's really about...


We have to at some point acknowledge that underneath the apparent symptoms, there is something else. Something from the past. Old patterns. Emotional pain, anger, guilt, fear, regret. We are being invited to outgrow old patterns that used to help us somehow, used to feel protective. For example, some people use illness to avoid responsibility or conflict, want to escape family issues, want time to rest, to be alone, to be off the grid, away from the expectations of others. And there is nothing wrong with wanting to be off the grid, wanting to be away from conflict, wanting to be alone! But let us try to just acknowledge that we want to be off the grid, away from responsibilty. We want what we want. No need to use symptoms to justify what we want. I am going to treat the symptoms, be alone when I want, do what I want, eat foods that make me feel good, wear hats and protective gloves and use air filters and supplements that work for me and just be OK with that. I am not a victim. I have made my own choices. I take responsibility for my life. I will show up when I can, and rest when I need to. I am strong. I am well. I am rebalancing. Just because I am sensitive I need not suffer. I deserve to feel good. I deserve a fulfilling life. I deserve to love and feel loved. I deserve to be my True Self.

1 comment:

  1. Feeling responsibility about suffering from chemical injury (MCS) lets those who are responsible for allowing toxic products into the marketplace and our bodies off the hook for their crimes. Yes, crimes.

    Many are well aware of how harmful their products are, but know they can get away with it now.

    You cannot be your true self as long as industry is allowed to pollute, damage your DNA, ruin your health, and take their profits and run.

    Why should it fall on you to have to pay for all the air and water filtration equipment, the supplements, the natural therapies and organic materials, when it is industry and lack of regulation that has allowed for you to be poisoned in the first place?

    That is not your responsibility, it is theirs. They need to be held accountable.

    Unfortunately, for now, you have to go to the expense, physical, financial and emotional, of protecting yourself because they won't have to until people place the blame where it should be, and demand that things change.

    ReplyDelete